I recently spoke to a friend who described why she was so busy and I laughingly said, “I need something to be passionate about like that.” Her response was spot on and exactly what I needed. She said, “Your blog.” Wow. I started this blog to document my life and to encourage at least one person. I became discouraged because I kept watching the numbers without realizing that by just having this outlet, my spirits improved. So after talking with that friend and realizing that without consistency I will NOT see any progress, I have returned. Thank you for being patient. It means more than you will ever know.
My grandmother’s recent passing has prompted me to start taking better overall care of myself. I have been so busy worried about other things that do not even matter. I have scoured the internet, my favorite books, and podcasts to put together a comprehensive plan to start bettering myself.
a few things I’ve been doing & plan to commit to doing include –
- drinking at least 64 oz of water
- taking my supplements (currently B12, iodine, and vitamin D) every day even when I’m traveling
- incorporating green smoothies into my diet
- recreating some of my favorite meals and trying new ones; meal prepping
- maintaining a journal and a prayer journal
- waking up early to pray and meditate
- keeping in touch with my loved ones and checking on them
- consistency with my blog
- at least one hour of pleasure reading a day
- dusting off my workout DVDs, finding an accountability partner, and exercising at least three times a week
I like to believe by actively caring for myself that I will greatly improve my quality of life and overall happiness. I know that bad times will come but knowing that I am creating a great life for myself puts me a head of the game.